Sunday, July 3, 2011

wrap up.

This last week, especially the five days in the Serengeti, has been so incredibly busy.  Hence, between all the activities and lack of internet access, I have not had a chance to post. As we had a program debrief this morning and I continue to pack for the journey home, a whole puzzle of emotions circulate around camp.

From our crazy time in the Serengeti (which can only properly be explained in person), to the killer bike tour of Mtu Wa Mbu and time at the orphanage yesterday to our “prom” last night, my time in Tanzania has been an absolute blast.

As extremely excited as I am to reunite with everyone at home, I will also dearly miss the people here and a lot more...

1. Well, African life in general. No hurry. No worries.
2. Hakuna Matata. (A philosophy applied to everything, at every time of day.)
3. Time means nothing.
4. Being outside, all the time.
5. Infinite stars.
6. Dirt is your friend. (Especially when both your feet sink into the muck of Lake Manyara halfway through a bike tour under the sweltering sun.)
7. Random power outages. (Okay, those I will not miss.)
8. Men with rhythm.
9. Scrumptious breakfasts.
10. Ironically, bargaining for everything I bought.
11. Bongo flava music.
12. Baobab trees.
13. Moses, Bura, Arthur, Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment